Saturday, January 27, 2007

Stringing the public along

Ha! I simply haven't had time to look at publishing the PyPop framework yet, but I did go ahead and post the filetagger translated into that framework.

The expression of the filetagger now takes 310 lines of XML, and includes the specification of the UI, the commands behind it, the structure of the datafile, the handling of all command-line flags and arguments, the About dialog text, and the help file -- the Python code was about 340 lines and didn't include any of the textual resources. More importantly, the expression of the commands is somewhat more readable in the interpreted version, or at least I find it more readable and certainly more writeable.

The only sticky wicket is that I have no documentation framework for this style of coding yet. I've got some ideas on how to manage it, but (as always) little time.

Anyway, I'll get the interpreter for this little beastie up as soon as possible, and then things are going to start getting interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home